Today, Polly Anna went to the doctor for a follow up & got "really, really good news". When I read this on her Facebook post, I sighed with relief. Not only because I didn't want to see my friend suffer with this terrible disease, but more importantly because I know in my heart what a special person she is.
The world needs more people like Polly Anna! The world needs people who...
- For their birthday celebration ask everyone to bring a winter hat that she can then drop off at the homeless shelter.
- Worry about their neighbors and go out of their way to make the lives of the less fortunate a little better
- Is a good mother to their child & other's children when their parents are unable to care for their babies properly
- See the beauty all around us
- Are not afraid to step outside of the world into which she was born to get to know someone else - whose ideas and ideals were not so conventional
- Will hold the single mother's hand when she is wracked with fear that her children are going down the wrong path - where Polly Anna says and BELIEVES that "it will be okay"
- Will allow their children to follow their dreams --- respectfully & responsibly
- Sees the positive EVERY SINGLE DAY - regardless of her circumstance
- Believes in first loves and second loves
- Believes in true love
- Will be their friend's cheering section - because she knows it is what the friend truly wants - even when Polly is not so sure
- Who will work bingo in a smoke filled room for 4 years to ensure their child received the eduction of her choice
- Who walks the walk and talks the talk when it comes to most everything - but especially [Catholic] Social Justice teachings...
- Value the love of a family - given or chosen.
She not only sees the good in everyone, she sees the potential, the promise, the hope and the joy in each and every person she encounters. In short - she DOES see Jesus in every person she meets.
The world needs more people like Polly Anna - many, many more.
For now, I am happy to call Polly Anna my friend - and I am indeed blessed that she is in the world I inhabit.
Dear God - Thank you so much for keeping Polly Anna safe! We really need her!"